An easy to make potato soup which has a delicious flavour and creamy texture.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Servings 6/8 servings
- Calories 253 kcal(per cup)
- Author Helen Bühner
Ingredients for cooking:
- 1 kg potatoes (cut into cubed size pieces)
- 1 medium size celery bulb, 2 carrots, 1 onion, 1 leek, 1 small bunch of Parsley
- 1 bay leave
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 60 gram wholewheat flour
- 2L of water
- 80g butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 125ml sour cream
- 5 teaspoons chives (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons Pepper
- 3 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cut the onion and soup roots into smaller pieces.
- Add the butter to the pot and let this fry shortly on low heat (need a large pot).
- Add the onion and asterisk marked items and let this fry.
- Add the flour and mix well, then add the water, mix again.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of sour cream in the middle of the soup bowl.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and Pepper over the soup.
- Sprinkle chives over the soup.
- Decorate with a pinch of paprika powder and basil leaves.