Puri is delicious with any other soup, especially with King soup. A super alternative to roti or bread.
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Servings 6 servings
- Calories 107 kcal
- Author Helen Bühner
Ingredients for cooking:
- 240g whole grain flour(dinkel)
- 4g salt
- 4g baking powder
- 15g Ghee or margarine
- 50ml lukewarm milk
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Sift all the dry ingredients.
- Rub the Ghee or margarine into the flour.
- Add milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead thoroughly until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Leave aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into smaller balls.
- Roll into flat discs.
- Fry in deep oil until the puri forms puffs on both sides.
- Fry until a pale yellow colour is visible (Do not let the puri turn brown).
- Use a draining spoon to remove the puri from the oil.
- Place onto a paper towel to drain the excessive oil.
- Ready to serve with king soup or whatever delicious you have prepared.