Easy to prepare pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin, sweet potato, thick, creamy and flavourful.
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Servings 8 servings
- Calories 253 kcal(per cup)
- Author Helen Bühner
Ingredients for cooking:
- 700g butternut
- 300g Hokkaido pumkin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 50g butter
- 125ml fresh cream (optional)
- 2 onions
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt and 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1l vegetable soup
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 teaspoons chives
- 2 stems of Basil leaves or coriander leaves
- Keep 15ml of fresh cream for decoration
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Pumpkin seed oil
- 1 onion
Preparing the vegetable soup mix: Add 2 heaped teaspoons bouillon to 1 liter boiling water.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in the soup pot until bubbles form.
- Add the onions and let this simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and 1 liter soup mix.
- Cover with a lid and let this simmer for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is soft
- Set aside and let this cool off.
- Remove at least 10 small pieces of the pumpkin for decoration(cut into smaller pieces).
- Remove from the heat.
- Use a hand mixer on low mix to form a puree.
- Add the orange juice and 110ml fresh cream (optional), mix well.
Serving Ingredients Preparation:
- Heat the butter until bubbles form.
- Fry the onion in the butter until golden brown, add a pinch of sugar.
- Remove the onions and add the pumpkin seeds to the butter.
- Fry the pumpkin seeds in the butter for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Scoop the soup into a soup bowl.
- Add a few pumpkin pieces.
- Dash with fresh cream.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika powder.
- Add a few of the roasted pumpkin seeds, roasted onions and chives.
- Dash ½ teaspoon Pumpkin seed oil over the soup.
- Decorate with the basil leaves or coriander leaves.