With BGC masala mix this curry is delicious.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 35 minutes
- Marinating Time 2 hours or overnight
- Servings 5 servings
- Calories 410 kcal
- Author Helen Bühner
Ingredients for cooking:
- 1 kg chicken
- 2 large onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 5 tablespoons Joghurt
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 tablepoons BGC Tikka Masala
- 6 tablespoons oil or ghee
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamom pod (only use the seeds, not the outerskin)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coriander leaves
- Cut the chicken into pieces, remove the skin.
- Slice the onions.
- Grate the tomatoes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a pot.
- Add the onions, curry leaves, bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom seeds and cumin seeds. Mix well.
- Fry the onions until golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes and braise for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, yoghurt and BGC Tikka masala, mix well and braise for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, potatoes, salt and mix well.
- Add 1 small cup of water.
- Let this simmer on low heat for 30 minutes until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Garnish with Coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice or brown rice.