BGC Chicken Tikka Recipe
BGC perfect all-in-one Chicken Tikka Masala spice mix to create your dish hassle free. BGC spice mix adds an exceptional tang to the Chicken Tikka dish making it very flavorful.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Marinating Time 1 hour
- Servings 4 servings
- Calories 510 kcal
- Author Helen Bühner
Marinating the Chicken:
- 125ml plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground garlic
- 2 teaspoons BGC chilli sauce (only add if you prefer a spicy dish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh limette juice
- 2 tablespoons BGC Spice Mix
- 1kg boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion crushed
- 1 kg skinless tomatoes (mashed)
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons BGC Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon BGC chilli paste
- pinch of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cream, thick (can be substituted with coconut milk, us the thick variant)
Cooking the Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods (use on the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves,mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of limette juice
Preparing the chicken:
- Cut the chicken into small pieces (mouth size bites).
- Fry the chicken in the ghee and oil for approximately 10 minutes and set aside.
Preparing the Marinade:
- Wisk the plain yogurt and limette juice, add the ginger, garlic, BGC spice mix , BGC chilli sauce and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix.The marinade texture should be thick.
- Cover and place in the refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preparing the sauce
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a small pot.
- Heat the oil.
- Add the onion, pinch of sugar and turmeric let this fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, 1 tablespoon of BGC spice mix, 1 teaspoon of BGC chilli paste.
- Let this simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and let this simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the fresh cream or coconut milch.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
Cooking the chicken marinade and sauce:
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee into the pot.
- Add the onions, cinnamon stick, cardamom and let this fry until onions have a golden colour.
- Add the chicken marinade, cook for at least 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sauce and let this simmer for 5 minutes.
- The chicken should be cooked thoroughly and the sauce thick with a vibrant colour.
- Add 2 teaspoons limette juice and mix well before. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with basmati rice, brown rice, naan bread or roti.