BGC Lamb Vindaloo
BGC perfect all-in-one Lamb Vindaloo Masala spice mix to create your dish hassle free. BGC spice mix adds an exceptional spicy tang to the Lamb Vindaloo Masala dish making it very delicious and spicy.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 45 minutes
- Marinating Time 2 hours or overnight
- Servings 5 servings
- Calories 410 kcal
- Author Helen Bühner
Ingredients for cooking:
- 4 onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons oil or ghee
- 4 tomatoes grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon curcuma
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cardamom Pods(use only the seed not the shell)
- 2 Bay leaves
Ingredients for preparing the Marinade:
- 1 kg Lamb cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 4 tablespoons BGC Vindaloo Masala mix
- 5 red chillies (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 8 teaspoons garlic
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- ½ Limette
Preparing the Marinade:
- Marinate the lamb with the BGC Tandoori Masala mix, tamarind pulp, vinegar, chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for 2 hours.
Method for Cooking the lamb Vindaloo:
- Heat the oil or ghee in a pot.
- Add the onions, curry leaves and cumin seeds. Mix well.
- Fry the onions until golden colour, then add the sugar, curcuma and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb marinade, tomatoes, tomato paste.
- Simmer this on medium heat and stir from time to time.
- Cook for about 45 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy if too thick by adding 5 tablespoons of water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
- Serve with basmati rice, brown rice, naan bread or roti.