Butter Chicken (Thick Creamy taste with a velvety texture)
BGC has the perfect all-in-one Butter Chicken spice mix to create your dish hassle free. BGC spice mix adds an exceptional creamy nutty taste to the Butter Chicken dish making it the best.
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
- Marinating Time1 hours or overnight
- Servings 4 servings
- Calories 510 kcal
- Author Helen Bühner
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 500g chicken fillet cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons BGC spice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125ml cup yogurt
- Cover the chicken marinade and place in the refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (grated)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 250ml cup freshly grated tomato or 60ml tomato puree
- 50mlfresh cream (can be substituted with coconut milk), use the thick variant
- 1 teaspoon BGC spice mix
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped green chillies (place in hot water, this way the colour is retained)
- Pinch of brown sugar
Chicken Marinade Preparation:
- Marinate chicken pieces in yoghurt, limette juice and BGC spice and cover and place in the refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Melt the butter and peanut oil in a pot, add the chicken and cook for 15 minutes until almost completed. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter using medium heat, add onions and let this fry for 2 minutes until golden colour.
- Add garlic, ginger and chililes simmer for 2 minute.
- Add the grated tomato or puree and stir.
- Add the chicken marinade and simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is saucy and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 teaspoon BGC masala, mix well.
- Add freshly chopped Coriander and 1 teaspoon of limette juice.
- Serve with basmati rice, brown rice, naan bread or roti.